Sunday, August 25, 2024

"Ch-ch-ch-ch Changes"

I've been selected to be the inaugural Director of our institution's Online Honors College. With little more than an outline vision and a charge, we need to build from scratch an honors college that encapsulates all aspects of a traditional honors college, with the the innovation and collaboration you would find in a student-centered online learning environment. And, our OHC must be collaborative and interdisciplinary. Blue-sky thinking is required. 

I want to create the premier OHC that other institutions will want to emulate. There are approximately 33 HCs among two-year institutions in the country today. I believe only two of those are fully online. I look forward to the challenge of surpassing the vision and goals of our 12th-floor leaders. I will be moving my digs from our Eastside campus to the 9th floor of our Administrative building. 

We can do it. We can give our OHC students a more enriching, significant, and meaningful understanding of the world around them. We have to. At least that's my goal. We can reimagine the HC experience through a new online model. This is exciting stuff!  

 

Gene Wilder, Terri Gar, Peter Boyle, and Marty Feldman in "Young Frankenstein" 




No comments:

Post a Comment